SOUTH TAWTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Working to provide the highest possible quality of education for all local children, to ensure pupils from all backgrounds are able to succeed.
"We are a fully inclusive school, providing children with the skills knowledge and understanding to flourish."
We aim to:
- Provide an environment where each child will be and feel safe and secure, emotionally and physically.
- Promote and encourage all children to make healthy choices.
- Encourage children to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs, whilst respecting the feelings of others.
- Deliver a creative and motivating curriculum where each child is supported in developing lively and enquiry minds.
- Give children the confidence to ask questions, broaden their thinking and be receptive to the possibilities of new ideas and challenges.
- Personalise learning by building upon the interests of children, thus enabling them to experience both challenge and success.
- Develop each child’s understanding and appreciation of community, making positive contributions to the communities to which they belong, through learning the key skills of collaboration and cooperation.
- Work in true partnership with parents, pupils, governors, staff and other colleagues/agencies who work to support children and young people.
- Stimulate an interest in a wide range of activities by offering exciting and diverse experiences thereby fostering a love for life-long learning which builds upon the additional opportunities that we provide outside of the classroom and beyond the school day.