Have you ordered your school photos yet? A polite reminder that the closing date for free delivery back to school is Tuesday 22nd November 2022. Order through the Tempest website using your unique link or visit www.tempest-orders.co.uk
If you need any assistance in ordering your photos, feel free to contact Tempest on 01736 751555 (option 3).
Castle Drogo Cross Country Event
18 children from years 5 and 6 took part in The Castle Drogo Cross Country event, organised by OCRA. The children gave it their all and were so supportive of each other. The boys narrowly missed the medals and were awarded 4th place, but the girls' A team took 3rd position, and they all received bronze medals! After the run they all took part in some different activities, including dance, which they all seemed to enjoy too! A great morning!
Monday 28th November - Flu immunisations
Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th December - YR and KS1 Xmas play
Wednesday 14th December - Whole School trip to Northcott Theatre
Thursday 15th December - Christmas Lunch and Christmas Jumper Day
Thursday 15th December - Carols Around the Christmas Tree
Friday 16th December - Last Day of Autumn Term
Tuesday 3rd January - Non Pupil Day
Wednesday 4th January - First day of Spring term
Many calendar and term dates can be found in the calendar at the bottom of our website home page.
2022 23 Term dates can be found here.
2023 24 Term dates can be found here.
Update from the Chairs of the LSB
Three Hares LSB
It was great to introduce two new governors to our Local Stakeholder Board at our half-termly meeting held yesterday. These meetings follow a set agenda prescribed by the Trust which help keep us focused and ensure we don’t get side-tracked by discussions that may make the meeting overrun… Last night, our meeting lasted about 1½ hours, and we often find that we are joined briefly by children or pets that require our attention, and usually earn a little “aaaah” from the rest of the group!
Leonie McGowan was formally appointed on Wednesday this week, which was perfect timing for her first meeting. Lennie is our new SEND Lead Governor, replacing Dr Ben Morris who recently stood down. Lennie has particular expertise in this area, as she has a child with autism, and therefore brings a wealth of knowledge and real-life experience with her. We are very lucky to have her join us.
The SEND Lead Governor role takes the lead on monitoring SEND provision (although the LSB retains collective responsibility) and:
• is the link between the LSB and the schools (Principals and/or Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo), reporting to the LSB on steps being taken to ensure compliance;
• ensures appropriate challenge to leaders so that SEND remains high on the schools’ agendas and that the schools have high aspirations for SEND pupils;
• understands how the schools identify who is a SEND pupil, including at points of transition;
• familiar with the individual school’s SEND policy;
• understands how specific money (e.g. Pupil Premium) is allocated;
• discusses with the Principals / SENCo the outcomes of the schools’ monitoring and evaluation of the provision and effectiveness made for pupils with SEND;
• understands how the schools approach teaching to SEND pupils and makes reasonable adjustments to ensure SEND pupils access a broad and balanced curriculum;
• knows what additional support is available to SEND learners.
We agreed as a Board that we will commence our school visits again this half term, and hope to meet some of you at the school gates, or at one of the upcoming events, be that the Remembrance Day Services or Christmas festivals – or anything in between!
Mel & Liz
This week you will have received a book of raffle tickets to sell to family and friends.There are 12 exciting prizes to be won! More tickets are available from the school office. If you are unable to sell your tickets please return them to your class teacher. Don't forget the class who sells the most will win a prize!
You can now order products with your child's Christmas art work on, perfect for gifts and cards! The PTA receives 20% of all orders. All orders receive 10% off until Friday 2nd December!
It's one week until our bags to school collection. Please drop your donations to The Kings Arms on Monday 28th and at school drop off on Tuesday 29th.
We really need volunteers to help on our stall at Edwardian evening, Thursday 1st December. If you are able to help we'd love to hear from you.
You can now reserve your spot for our very popular wreath making work shop on Friday 2nd December at 7pm in the school hall. To book your place email email@example.com spaces are filling quickly!!
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are able to help at any upcoming events or message us on Facebook.
Hannah and Liz
Bags to School
We have another Bags to School collection on Tuesday 29th November 9am.
We accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE:
● Men’s, Ladies’ and Children’s clothing
● Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
● Scarves and ties
● Soft toys
● Household linen
● Household curtains
● Household towels
● Household bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers)
We DO NOT accept:
● Duvets and blankets
● Pillows and cushions
● Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
● Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing
● School uniforms with and without logo
● Corporate clothing and workwear
● Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
The amazingly supportive Kings Arms have said that we can use their phoenix room as a drop off point on Monday 28th November all day and Tuesday 29th November before 9am. If you are able to help on Tuesday morning please get in touch.
12 Days of Christmas Raffle
12 FANTASTIC PRIZES to be won! We will draw one ticket a day for 12 days leading up to the end of term!
Raffle books will be coming home with your child this week! Don't forget to fill the stubbs out clearly with your name and contact number and return these to school by Thursday 1st December.
The class who raises the most will receive a prize!! More tickets are available from the school office.
On the 12 days of Christmas my PTA gave to me…..
Some Guppy’s handmade chocolate shards
A Devon Fare fudge gift bag
Some delicious Taw River Diary ice cream.
A hair and body beauty gift set from KinKind - UPLIFT & SHINE!
£15 to spend at The Wellness Room.
A gift from the King's Arms.
A Merry Go Round voucher
Family admission for Waie2Play at the Waie Inn.
£20 to spend at the Bearslake Inn - voucher redeemable against food, drink, or accommodation
A beautiful sweet pea room diffuser from The Dartmoor Soap Co
Jo Downs handmade glass bowl
Family ticket to Dingles Fairground including ride tokens!!
Join us for a festive evening to make a beautiful Winter Wreath
Friday 2nd December at 7pm in the school hall.
£25 per wreath to include an expert tutorial!
Email email@example.com to book your place and receive further details. Closing date Monday 28th November. Be quick places are limited and this is always a very popular event!!!
Household Support Fund
Families on low incomes can get help with food and utility costs via the new round of the Household Support Fund, which Early Help are administering locally. The scheme runs until 31st March 2023. Funds are limited, so when the allocation is used up we will close for applications.
Through this fund, Early Help is able to provide a grant per family to support with:
- Supporting for energy and water bills for household purposes
- Essential white goods such as a fridge, freezer or cooker
- Consideration for petrol for essential journeys
The family needs to meet the following criteria:
- You are a family (at least 2 people where at least 1 person is either pre-birth or up to 18 years old)
- You are experiencing financial hardship
- You need financial help to pay utility bills or buy food and essential items linked to food, warmth, and utilities for your family
- Not have received financial assistance from another source for the same reason
- Payment will be sent directly to families through BACS (it is essential we have the families bank details)
- There will be no food vouchers available in this scheme
-Only one application for an award per household within this round (HSF3) of the scheme, that will run from 16 November 2022 to 31st March 2023.
Repeat applications are unlikely to be successful.
-If a family have previously received hardship funding from Early help applications to HSF1 and 2 they will be considered. However, families who have not previously received funding will be prioritised.